Tuesday, December 4, 2012

the newest addition to ttpd!

Yesterday was an awesome milestone for our family.

Nick was sworn into Temple Terrace Police Department! YAYYYYY!!!!

Ever since he was a little boy...Nick has wanted to be a police officer. His mom has shown me countless pictures of a little 4 year old with plastic handcuffs clipped into his belt loop, and a plastic gun stuck in his pocket.

This has been his childhood dream that has now become our ever present reality.

Most of you know that Nick has served as a Reserve 2 Sergeant for Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office for 4 years. And now, the next page in our future book is turned.

The Chief of Police spoke to Nick and I directly, and thanked me for giving my husband over to this agency. This now meant that Nick wouldn't always be home for every holiday, family gathering, or special occasion. His main priority will always be family, but when duty calls...you go. That's why this is not a career...it's a calling. He reminded Nick that along with his integrity, he must never bring disgrace to his uniform, and always bring pride to the badge that he wears. There is something so amazing about the unity and brotherhood that bonds law enforcement and fire fighters. It gives me chills to know, and experience that kind of self sacrifice. I have never been more honored, proud, or felt such love and respect for my husband than in that moment. This is me getting all mushy.


Then I got to pretend to pin on Nick's badge...and then proceeded to go back to my seat with it. Leave it to me to start a chuckle, and mess up a moment. Oops!

Before closing, the Chief offered family and friends to come and pray protection, and prosperity over the two new officers. LOVED this!


Thanks to the amazing multitude of friends, family, and our extended family from HCSO in supporting us in this new and exciting change in our life.

Blessed. So blessed.

Let's do this!

Much love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment