Monday, August 15, 2011

life's a beach

Happy Monday, people. Is it really Monday, already?

Our weekend was simply wonderful! Our sweet friends were kind enough to lend us their beach condo in Treasure Island for the weekend, and we were happy to accept! I think we both needed a little break from reality for a few days :)

We picked up groceries Friday evening at the coolest Publix EVER! Not only is it directly next door to the condo, but it has a boat dock, and elevators!! I know, my dream!! I think I made a total of three trips. Just because.

I love little beach communities, because everything is so close, it only makes sense to walk everywhere. Believe me, I was feeling it this morning when I got out of bed. Pathetic! I love the simplicity of life at the beach. It's totally acceptable to stay in your swim suit and cover up all day, sport a make-up less face, beach hair, a funky sunburn, and sand between your toes (and in your bed). It just makes me so happy.

We slept late, ate way too many cookies, and did whatever we felt like. Total bliss! Our friends and their kids joined us on Saturday evening for dinner and watching the sunset. It thrills my soul to see the sweet innocence of children at the beach. I love to hear their giggles as they try to run through the sand hills, and see their little toes curl tightly in the shoreline as the waves pull backward into the surf. Such a fun evening.
Poor Nick spent most of the time inside...Dr's orders. No beach, but he never complained, and got to watch from the balcony. Such a trooper!

That's our fun...what did y'all do?

xo,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment