Wednesday, September 14, 2011

worry wart




Confession time.

I am a worry wart.
Gross! I just got a visual of that.

I worry about everything, and nothing. I worry about things I can control, and things I can't.

Am I a loving, and supportive wife to Nick? Have I prayed for him today?
How long has it been since I called my Dad? 2 weeks?
Am I giving my girlfriend the right marriage advice? Were my words seasoned with love?
It's going to rain today, and BOTH of my umbrella's are at home. Really?
Am I going to be a good mother?
What if I can't have children?
Did I wear that skirt twice this week to work? Yeah, I totally did.
What am I going to do with my life? Do I know my purpose?
Am I enough?
Am I too much?
Will I ever finish school? Will I be 30, and still be in school?
Why won't she call me back? Did I offend her by something I said?
Am I a valuable employee?

People, we all worry. But why? Really, what's it going to do? Stress you out more? Put you in a bad mood? Yes, and yes!

Matthew 6:25-27 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?

Y'all I'm convicted. Today, if worry creeps up into your day, just breathe.

 Breathe and smile. Life is going to happen, and no amount of worry will ever change that.

Happy hump day, my worry FREE friends!

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment