Monday, October 10, 2011

washington

Happy Fall, y'all!

That's exactly what my fall welcome mat says, and for some reason...I smile every time I see it.

Gosh, I have so much to catch you up on...so much on my mind, and oddly...I don't even know where to begin?!?! Ha, that's a first!

Well, I've been fighting a little cold/flu bug thing since my flight home from Washington last Tuesday. Dang that recycled air, and coughing people on planes. Ug, gross! But seeing my sweet brother, Chance now as a father, and meeting my new nephew was so very worth it! Ezra looks just like him :)


Washington is unlike any place I have ever seen, or been to before in my life. It's unbelievable! There are mountains everwhere, and I LOVE this b\c I live in one of the flattest states ever. I felt like a little kid with my head tilted straight back looking up at the sky high evergreens. Talk about perfect Christmas trees! I love that people walk, and bike everywhere, and that fresh food is at your finger tips. There are markets, co-op's, and gardens galore! Chance has one of the biggest, and most plentiful gardens I had ever seen! Tomato's, pears, eggplant, pumpkins, corn, red bell peppers, black berries...you name it, he grows it. *Envy* Life is more slow paced, and people take their time going places. Everything is so green, partly b\c it rains non-stop, and the leaves are all fabulous shades of yellow, red, and orange. I ADORE this! The Pacific Ocean is incredible, and I was just in awe of Jesus everywhere I looked. What a beautiful gift we are given.

I loved holding Ezra, and telling him all about the wonderful things in store for him in this life. I am totally obsessed with him, his sweet baby smell, his little sounds as he sleeps, and how he just stares at you with his beautiful blue eyes. Yeah, I got it bad.

Rose is such an incredible mother, and just seeing her so attentive to Ezra's needs just melted my heart. They make one beautiful family.


I treasure the times I get to spend with my family, and no matter where we are, what state we live in, or what's going on in our lifes, we make it happen. I know what I have been given is a gift, and I savor every minute!

Happy Monday, sweet friends.

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment