Monday, February 7, 2011

home projects galore

This past weekend was pretty crazy, messy, dusty, rainy, LOUD, and even a little bloody in the Dittman home. Yes, it's renovation time, and I am thrilled!

We are doing crown molding, higher/"prettier" baseboards, thicker door frames, chair rail, and a fresh coat of paint (red kitchen people!) And when I say "we" I mean Nick, and our dear friend Bryan (he's the one who knows what he's doing...praises) My job is to keep their tummy's full, pass nail guns/tape measures up the ladders, and bandage bloody fingers. Poor Nick even had a hammer fall right on his face! On the bridge of his nose! Holy ouchness! But, he looks totally tough now :)

As any home project goes, compromise is a must.



"Do you like this one, or this one?"

" Higher or lower?"

" Khaki? On these walls too? Then the WHOLE house will be that color!"

"I already know your gonna hate this, but here's my oppinion..."

Kristin: "Babe, we need a new bedspread." Nick: "The one we have is fine." Kristin: "Um, no it's not, there's a hole in it." Nick: "Who cares, it's fine."


Yes, this will take time...more to come. And I promise I will post pics soon. My camera has been broken forever, so hold tight.

KD

No comments:

Post a Comment