Thursday, March 10, 2011

a season of sacrifice

We are entering a time of sacrifice in the Dittman home. We are observing Lent for the first time together as a couple, and I am really looking forward to it!


"Therefore prepare your minds for action; be self controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not confirm to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all that you do, for it is written: "Be holy because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:13-16

To be totally honest, this is a rather new concept for me. I have been raised a Believer, and have known what Lent is, but it has taken on such a different meaning for me personally. The mercy and grace God has shown me this past year has been unbelieveable. My heart is so full of gratitude, that I feel like it's just going to burst wide open!

For the next 40 days, I am sacrificing red wine.

People, this is a true sacrifice. I love my little glass of wine at dinner. Now, don't flip a lid...I'm no lush, but I really like my vino. Really.

I am so looking forward to retreating into the wilderness with Jesus over the next 40 days. Good things are in store!


KD

1 comment: