Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anniversary wknd in DC

Last Thursday evening, I flew to Washington DC to spend the weekend with my hubby. He has been there for the past few weeks on business.

Quick Recap:

Thursday evening: Arrived at Ronald Regan International Airport. Nick picked me up, and took me over to the jobsite he has been working on. So proud of him! Crashed early back at the hotel.

Friday: Woke up at 5:30 am. Did you watch it?


Wasn't she just stunning? Such a beautiful ceremony.
Then Nick headed off to work for a few hours, and I headed down to breakfast...I just love breakfast, and then back up to the room to study for my final for a few hours. That afternoon, we set out to explore the city of Clinton, and had dinner at Bonefish. One of our fav's.

Saturday, we woke up early and headed into DC. We covered most of it on foot. Needless to say, we were a little tired, but it was totally worth every minute!


The Lincoln Memorial just gave me chills. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.


Later that night, we drove into National Harbor, and had dinner at Graces Mandarin http://www.gracesrestaurants.com/mandarin.html
  to celebrate our 5th anniversary! I am so proud of where we are today, and where we have come from. I feel incredibly blessed to have a life so rich with love and respect. My cup runneth over!



After dinner, we toured the rest of National Harbor. Such a sweet place for a date night.

Sunday we found our way into Georgetown and did some shopping. It was cold and rainy, but the streets were packed! It was a lovely last afternoon together before Nick took me back to the airport for my returning flight home :( It's going to be a long 4 weeks without him.

If you have the opportunity to go to DC, please do. You will not regret it.

Happy hump day, friends.

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment