Tuesday, May 31, 2011

memorial wknd re-cap

Well, it's nice to be back in sunny FL, people. DC is great for the wknd, but no fun place to live (sorry DC folks)

I flew into Baltimore late Friday evening, and was so happy to see my sweet hubby waiting for me. It's only been 2 weeks since I've seen him, and seeing his smiling face was good for my soul.

Saturday, I hung out at the hotel for a few hrs while Nick finished up work. We had lunch at the most amazing BBQ place ever! "Texas Ribs & BBQ" in Clinton, MD. Guy Fieri from Food Network even featured them on his show. De-lish!


That evening, we did some shopping (massive H&M, ladies) and got some dinner at this little itallian place that was recommended to us called "Mama Stella's" (we were not impressed).

Sunday, we spent the day in DC again. Nick wanted to visit The National Law Enforcement Officer's Memorial. Really amazing. To see the names of hundred's of thousands of men and women, all over the US that sacrificed their lives for our protection. Truly a humbling experience.


That evening, we had our favorite, Bonefish Grill, and watched "Wedding Crashers" back at the hotel. Why is it still so funny, even 20 times later?

Monday, we upgraded our phones. iPhone :) Somehow my smart phone makes me feel really dumb :(
Then off to the airport...again.
Goodbye's never get any easier. Another 2 weeks, and he will be home for good!

How was your weekend?
Lots of love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment