Thursday, December 22, 2011

christmas time

I just realized I haven't blogged one time this season.

I'm sorry.

I think I was waiting for the one perfect thing to write about, when there's truly so much to say about this beautiful time of year.

This month has been chock-full of all the things I love the most: baking, 40 degree FL mornings, shopping, lights, births, glitter, friends, decorating, parties, giving, wrapping, egg nog, yankee candles, carols...love, love, love it!

This season has been especially special to me because the past two Christmas's have been really tough in the Dittman home. This year is new, and different, and even though I'll have to Skype with my family on Christmas morning, it will be wonderful to wake up in our home next to the man I love, and spend this Christmas together.

It's in this time that I want to embrace the family traditions that are special to Nick, and to me, but also to develop some new ones of our own. In my family we always go to Cracker Barrel on Christmas Eve morning for breakfast. We've done it for 21 years.

                                                                          2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
 For some reason, we only have pictures of the past 5 years. Taking pictures...a newer tradition? Yes.
 Then we go to the Christmas Eve service that evening at church, and we come home to a huge itallian dinner prepared by my Mom, and we eat till we're overly stuffed. Then we get to open one gift...(this has slowly dwindled due to the fact that we're still kids at heart, and want to have more to open the next morning.)

This year will be different, and that's ok, and good.
Merry Christmas dear friends, and remember HE is the reason for this fabulous season!

Much love,
K

1 comment:

  1. love Christmas traditions! Cracker Barrel is such a fun idea. And I am with you on the glitter and yankee candles and wrapping etc. :) So encouraged to read your post. Here's to new family traditions, Christ coming into our lives and our marriages in a fresh new way this year and every year. thinking of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete