Wednesday, December 28, 2011

boys don't like peppermint

I got one of the GREATEST Christmas gifts from my husband this year. Typically, we don't exchange gifts. I buy pretties/what I want for the house throughout the year, and in August of this year he finally got his boat. So, naturally, I wasn't expecting to see this shiny beauty perched on my kitchen counter.


Hello gorgeous!

I have been wanting one of these suckers for for-ev-er! I'm thinking that the hub's likes my baking??

Since Christmas, I have been getting my workout on in the kitchen: pumpkin bread, grinch cookies (a.k.a. mint chocolate chip) sweet potato souffle, and coconut cake. Gotta break it in, ya know?

Nick took one bite of my festive, green grinch cookie...discovered they were in fact mint, and left it sitting on the counter.

Last night, I made Williams Sonoma's chocolate peppermint cookies for the boys's at work. Thank's Shannon!!


Pretty, right? Soft, mint-chocolaty perfection!

It's now almost 4PM, and they are still sitting on my desk. This doesn't happen.

Almost all of them have cracked the lid, and just as the sweet aroma of peppermint tickle's their noses, they politely smile, and say, "No thanks."

I've come to the conclusion that boys just don't like peppermint.

The girl's down in the office loved them, and I'm currently on my third...what?

At this rate I'll have no choice but to finally to use my gym membership that I got over the summer

Peace, Love, and Calories, people!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment