Tuesday, January 31, 2012

my strength and shield


I'm a planner. I like to have a plan, and I very much "need" a plan at all times. My dear friends know this about me, and love me in spite of it.

I realize that this annoys people sometimes...

Ex: When I ask Nick twice (morning, and afternoon) if he'll be home for dinner. In my defense it's only b\c I would like to know if I'm cooking a full meal, or fending for myself. But I get it.

I even get stressed out if my plan gets slightly off course.

I know. I'm wacked.

This morning, I was spending a few minutes with the Lord before work.

"I am your Strength and Shield, Kristin. I plan out each day and have it ready for you, long before you rise from your bed. I also provide the strength you need each step of the way. Instead of assessing your energy level and wondering about what's on the road ahead, concentrate on staying in touch with Me. My power flows freely into you through our open communication. Refuse to waste energy worrying and planning your day, and you will have strength to spare.
Whenever you start to feel afraid, remember I am your Shield. But unlike inanimate armor, I am always alert and active. My presence watches over you continually. Entrust yourself to My watchcare. I am with you always."

Genesis 28:15
"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."

Talk about peace!

Sometimes I get angry that my life isn't going according to "my" plan. I should be finished with school. I'm not. I should have a real career. I don't. I want to have kids someday. I don't. And you know what? It's OK! It's in these times that I can close my eyes, and take a deep breath knowing that I've entrusted "my" plan to the Planner. He knows me. He know's my heart, and He's got the answer.

Proverbs 16:9
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines hs steps."

Love y'all,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment