Wednesday, May 2, 2012

happy birthday, lex

Alexa Rae came into the world on May, 2, 1990. From the moment she was born, she was a character.

She had a pink spot on her forehead that turned fluorescent when she cried, or got really mad. This made me laugh, which made her even more mad.

She loved to tell stories with such enthusiasm...even when she was just learning to talk. My favorite home video is after one of her first trips to the beach. She was running in circles with her crazy blonde hair plastered to her sweaty pink forehead wearing her lavender carebear night gown, and trying her best to tell us all about the sand, and the waves, and how the salt water burned her eyes. You can't understand a word she's saying, and you hear my Dad in the back ground saying, "Tell me all about it A-Rae."

My Mom use to worry that she would have hideous hair when she was older because she could never seem to fix it right. She called it Barbie hair.

She believed anything I told her.

Once, I had a bad dream, and told her that a monster was hiding under our bunk bed, and he would eat her if she didn't climb up to the top bunk, and sleep with me. She did.

Alexa see's good in everyone. No matter who, she will find a good quality...even if it's hidden.

She has the unique ability to read people. This still amazes me, and humbles me.

She taught me how to tie a scarf, and when I need more eye make-up, or better accessories to really make a statement with an outfit.

She is giving.

She can't cook to save her life, and set off her smoke alarm the first week in her new apartment making fish sticks. Love her.

She is cultured.

She is gracious, kind, and exemplifies compassion, and mercy.

Today she turns 22.

I love you dearly, Alexa Rae. Thank you for being you, and being my friend, and being born, and being lovely, and just having really pretty hair. I hope your day is filled with all things beautiful.



Always,
Your Sista



No comments:

Post a Comment