Saturday, April 28, 2012

6 years

6 years ago, on April 29, 2006 I was smooshed in the tiny bridal room at University Church of God in Tampa, FL with photographers, my sweet bridesmaids, my Mama, and a cloud of hairspray, and perfume. I was literally sweating off all my pretty makeup because I was so stinkin' nervous, and trying to quickly swig down a can of Sprite since I couldn't bring myself to eat anything...
Then the wedding coordinator told me... "It's time."

I quietly slipped out of the room trying hard not to step on my huge white cinderella gown...what was I thinking??? My eyes met my Dad's, and I choked back tears.
I heard Canon in D begin to play, looped my arm through my Dad's, and took a deep breath as I began the walk toward my very present future.



Dear Nick,

Six years ago, we anxiously stood in front of our friends and family, and pledged our lives to one another.

"For better or worse. For richer, for poorer. In sickness, and in health. In good times, and in bad. Forever."

Little did we know that those were not just pretty little words to be said. They are a promise. A vow. A covenant. I think we have truly lived out every one of those words since that beautiful day, and look at how far we have come! Who would have thought that the boy I met in highschool at 15 years old, who called me "Kiddo" annoyed the mess out of me, and who was readily available to fix my leaking toilet at midnight when my parents were out of town would be the one I spent the rest of my life with. Man, God certainly had a plan for us!


 I want to thank you for loving, accepting, and just getting me. We've seen eachother at our best, and not so great moments, and I wouldn't change a thing about our life, because it's made us who we are, and what we are today. Happy 6 years to my best friend, my partner, and my soul mate. I love you more than you know, and can't wait to see what unfolds in the upcoming chapters.



In HIS Grip,
Kris


1 comment:

  1. this makes me so happy!!! love you guys!! happy anniversary and wishing you a lifetime more!

    ReplyDelete