Thursday, October 11, 2012

gratitude

I recieved a sweet compliment from a precious lady at work yesterday. Her name is Mrs. Nancy.

She has worked for many years as the office manager here, and she's a trip! It's always fun to see her, and her husband Bill drop in every 3,000 miles, or so for an oil change, and give her round of hugs.

She came over to my desk, reached over and squeezed my hand, and gave me a warm smile, "Krissy, I just wanted to tell you that your by far the best receptionist this dealership has ever had. You have the kindest voice, and I just really wanted to tell you that, dear."

Mrs. Nancy, you are cute!

I'm choosing to share this with y'all for a few reason:

1.) It just made me smile. Compliments tend to do that to people, and we should give them more often.
2.) I was a little convicted.
3.) Well...I just wanted to share :)

As most of you know, I've been working as the front desk receptionist at my local Ford dealership for 3 years now. My Ford family has been loving, and gracious to me, and I'm so very thankful for them, but I've been struggling with my job for a while now. While I truly like my bosses, and co-workers, I can't help but think that I need a change. I need a challenge. I need more...

Have you ever felt like that?

It's easy to get hung up on the down sides of what you do, or maybe even loose your focus, and drive. Maybe your a stay at home Mom that just gets really tired of being poured out all day long for your little people. Maybe your a 40 hour a weeker that really needs better pay, or a vacation. Are you a student that just feels overwhelmed with classes, and deadlines?

People, I feel ya!

Philippians 2:14-16 (NIV)
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the Word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

Ain't that just like God to bring you back to reality, and give you a big ol dose of "get over it"?!

So, will y'all join with me today in learning to be grateful for whatever place God has you?

Cool! Happy Thursday, friends!

xo,
K



No comments:

Post a Comment