Thursday, October 4, 2012

shout out to mom's

Well hey there, friends! It's been a good bit since my last post, and I suppose I've been a little lost of inspiration. Sorry. But good news...

We're back in action!

I woke up really early this morning...2:34 a.m. to be exact. This rarely happens. I'm usually out like a light once my head hits the pillow. But for some reason Nick just couldn't sleep, and was wide flippin' awake at 2 a.m. His excuse: my snoring woke him up. I snore? No way...this can't be?!?!

Nick not sleeping rarely presents a problem, unless he's rediculously loud, and disruptive...which he totally was in the wee early hours of the morning. I'm a super light sleeper, so once I'm awake, it takes a while for me to go back to sleep because I hear everything. This morning I heard the toilet flush, light's flick on and off, the T.V. talking, the shower running...endless. He finally slipped back into bed just after 4 a.m...after he paid bills. Lordy.

This made me think of all my "Mom" friends, and really put things in perspective for me.

It's probably very typical for most of you to be awaken by a crying baby, a sick toddler, a scary dream, wet underpants, a monster in the closet, and the list goes on...

How do you do it, Mom's? Do you just run on adrenaline, and caffeine? It's only a little after noon, and I'm feeling the great effects of my very broken sleep last night.

I just wanted to take a moment, and say that I'm really amazed by all my fabulous, and awesome mom-friends that God's generously placed in my life! I LOVE living vicariously through you all, and being apart of your really long days...and nights :)

Calling my best friend, and hearing "KIKI" through the phone because the little girls know who's talking to Mommy.

Trying hard not to laugh when their getting scolded for talking back, or being sassy because I see "mini me's" of the personalities that I love so dearly.

Smiling when I hear the sweet baby sounds of the itty bitty's.

Cracking up when my girlfriend calls me to tell me that her daughter just dressed herself, and it involves a pink leotard, daisy dukes, a fedora and shoes on the wrong feet.

Mom's- I love y'all dearly, and have such a respect for what you do! Cheers!








LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment