Thursday, February 9, 2012

burn the ugly p.j.'s

Last night I had dinner with my Aunt Pat.

I love this lady more than words can express. She's wise. She's smart. She's funny. She's addicting. She's gorgeous. She's an excellent speller. She just makes me a better person.



We always have such interesting conversations, and I always leave feeling refreshed, and renewed.

We should all have someone like that in our life. The world would be filled with happier people, don't you think??

Anyways, last night she told me the greatest story about an awesome group of young ladies at her church. They were all at a women's conference for the weekend. It was late, and they were starting to get ready for bed. As the girls emerged one by one from the bathroom in their p.j.'s...Aunt Pat was "appalled" by what they were wearing. Old stained t-shirts, stretched out flannel boxers, nursing bra's (for NON- nursing mothers) etc...

Aunt Pat almost fainted, because she always wears pretty p.j.'s to bed.

"NO, NO, NO! This is not happening!! You wear this to bed with your husbands??"

The young ladies all looked at eachother with smiles on their faces, and nodded yes.

And then, in typical Aunt Pat fashion...she begin to explain the significance, and importance of wearing pretty p.j.'s to bed for your husband. "Hello?? We are surrounded by Victoria's Secret and Frederick's of Hollywood. That doesn't mean you have to wear super sexy bustier's, and garter belts to bed every night...but a pretty little silky night gown, or a lacy camisole will not only make you feel sexy, but also make your husbands very happy. Aren't they worth that?"

This began to make sense to the young ladies.

And so, the unanimous decision was made to burn all their ugly p.j.'s!

A few nights later...


Burn, baby burn.

This was not only a funny story, but a great lesson learned. After we hugged, and said our good-bye's...I drove home, kissed the top of my husbands head as he was dozing off in his recliner watching "Kindergarten Cop," and made a bee line to my p.j. drawer. One by one I went through every article of clothing, until I had a neat stack of "pretties, and not-so-pretties." The "not-so-pretties" went directly to the trash, however burning them would have been oh so much more fun!

So ladies...what does your p.j. drawer look like? Is it something to be proud of? Or would you feel slightly embarassed if you had to jump out of the bed at 2am because a robber was in your house, and you were in a ugly old XXL "I Gave Blood" t-shirt?

Bad analogy? Sorry.

Anyways, here's to trashing those crap p.j.'s in whatever way you see fit :)

Love y'all!
K

1 comment:

  1. LOVE her! Miss my talks with her too! :) I need to do this! I'm typing this in sweatpants and seths t-shirt! BUT it is 32 degrees here! I understand what she is saying, I believe she has had this talk with me before... :) Miss you too, it's been too long since I've been to Tampa! Love you friend! <3

    ReplyDelete