Tuesday, February 21, 2012

dear abbi

Dear Abbi Faye,

Today is your 4th birthday, and that makes my heart so very happy!

I remember the very first day your Mommy knew she was going to have you! I couldn't believe it!! I wondered if you would be a little boy, or a little girl? Secretly, I hoped you were a girl because you would be so fun to dress up :)

Uncle Nick and I were so excited you were coming, we brought a Publix cake over for your Mommy and Daddy, because I know how much your Mom loves some Publix cake!



You were growing inside your Mama, and I just knew Jesus had a great plan for your life! He ALWAYS does!

The Bible says in Psalm 139:13-16, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Your Jesus loves you so much, Abbigail Faye Roberts! You are so special to Him!

I got a call from your Daddy on February 21, 2008, your birthday! He was crying, and scared. He told me that you were coming into the world early! I was scared too, because we all wanted you to stay inside your Mama's belly, and keep growing. But Jesus had another plan :)

You made your arrival! You weighed 1 lb 12 oz.



You were the tiniest thing I had ever seen, and you were a little wiggler! You had a little cloth "seatbelt" over you, so you wouldn't wiggle out of your little nest. I loved looking at your sweet little feet and hands, and remember thinking you were just perfect! You loved having your little baby beside you...which made you even more irresistible!


This is our first picture together! I was one proud Aunt!


You had so many great nurses taking care of you, but between you and me...your Mama was the best nurse! She loved taking your temperature and changing your little diaper. Even though you were so small, that didn't scare your Mama! She knew just what to do :)



When you finally got to come home, we were all so excited!! You had so many people that loved you, and wanted to see you! You were a pretty popular kid...and still are! I love you so very much, my precious Abbi, and can't believe your 4 years old today! You have grown into such a BIG girl that loves "lips" (lipgloss) lego's, and lunchables...even for breakfast! You make me laugh with the funny things you say, because you sound just like your Mother :) You and baby Brianna make my life so sweet, and I am so thankful for you!!



Happy 4th birthday, wild child! I love you to the moon!

Love,
Aunt Kiki




No comments:

Post a Comment