Wednesday, April 6, 2011

27 years later

Today I turned 27 years old. I'm not quite sure why this is so huge for me? Maybe because I feel like I have lived a lot of life.

Today, I think back, and my heart is grateful.

I have learned how important prayer is. It's powerful. It reminds us that we are powerless without Him.

I have learned that forgiveness is not an option. We forgive because we are forgiven.

I have learned that love is tough. It's trying, but in the end...it wins. Love always wins.

I have learned how vital friends are. They are a necessity! I would be one useless blob without my precious girlfriends. I am richly blessed!

I have learned how being with family is like breathing. It's nourishing to my soul, and I feel so very grateful to have so much love in my life.

I have learned that school is so important. It's humbling to be 27 years old, and still in college. One day I'll get through nursing school. I will.

I have learned that getting out of debt is so freeing! If you can't pay cash...don't buy it. Period.

I have learned that saying "no" is ok. In fact, it's good sometimes.

I have learned that's it's ok to still not have kids.

I have learned that natural is usually always better.

I have learned that being you is all that you can be, and you are beautiful!

I have learned that seeing your Facebook wall FULL of sweet birthday messages will keep you smiling all day long.


Thank you dear friends for making my day so, so special.

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment